Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sorority Life

I just finished reading Pledged by Alexandra Robbins. It was quite good. Of course I was looking for all the negative stories. The book did give some but I think it was a fair assessment of what sororities are like today. It kind of grossed me out. The lack of community service was suprising to me but I guess it shouldn't have been. I know there is a crazy amount of partying and all of their special meetings but I really thought they did more for the community. I guess instead of excessive partying, alcohol poisoning and date rape, I would rather think of the original sororities. The fraternities come a serenade and the girls don't haze each other. And there is all the formals and wearing pearls. It seems like it might have been romantic. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home