Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Merry Merry

So Christmas is that crazy time of year when all should feel cheery and have good will toward everyone. But sometimes it just gets nutty. Decorating the house, buying all the gifts, sending cards, traveling five hours just so you can spend two and a half days on overdrive trying to see family. Not to mention remembering to get your kid in for their Christmas picture in November so you can get the pics in time to send Christmas cards. Because of course last year you were chastized for sending them after Christmas. Eventhough you gave birth to your child on Nov 28th and were still recovering from a C-section.

All that aside Christmas was quite fun this year. Ava was quite cute trying to open all her packages. Of course she preferred playing with the wrapping paper eventhough I painstakingly chose all of her gifts.

I would also like to mention that Greco's Pharmacy was having a free give away of merchandise to it's loyal customers becasue they are going out of business. I thought this was a wonderful gesture. When can you actually get up to twenty items for free including gitftwrap, cards, books, vitamins and such? Since neither my mother nor I had ever actually shopped at Greco's we felt this was a perfect time to check it out. It was a madhouse. Most of the people were women and most of them were older. These women and some men(just to be fair) were like warriors...charging in front of other people to get a certain card, calculating and counting to get their 20 items. One woman grabbed a bottle of vitamin C out of my hand and told me she had been looking at it first. Needless to say I did get my 20 free items and then by my mother's prodding went back in for 10 more cards. Merry Christmas and goowill to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home