Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year

Yeah! A new year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you out there. We had a good holiday with limited excitement. Ava enjoyed all of her presents this year and was a bit of a maniac. It was really cool though. My cousin dressed up as Santa on Christmas day at my Grandmother's house. Ava and her cousin Angelina went wild. We did nothing exciting for New Year's because Steven was sick. We had a movie night with the most random movies: Scoop, Invincible, My Super Ex-Girlfriend and The Black Dahlia. Dahlia was my fave, Scoop and Invicible were entertaining but not great and Super Ex-Girlfriend was horrible (although we expected it to be horrible).

Plans for the New Year are basically to drive ourselves to the edge with added stress, work and responsibility...at least for the semester. This last semester should be insane and my thesis may kill me. On top of the usual insanity, Steven has decided to take the EIT exam which he really should have taken as soon as he graduated. Anyway he is now taking a refresher cousre every Friday after work in Erie until he takes the exam in May. Therefore, leaving only Monday an d Wednesday evenings open for child free study time and everything else we have to do. It should be interesting. I keep telling myself that it is less that 5 months of our lives and it helps keeps things in perspective.

In other news when I checked my grades (all As and a B+), I realized that my fuck face, sexual harassing, mental case professor from last year had changed my grade from an A to a B for last semester. Now in the grand scheme of things a B or A will not really matter in my life. It is just the principle. I got As on all the exams and only missed the class once. Plus are you allowed to give someone an A and then change your mind? I mean he didn't just tell me I got an A, I looked it up on the "official" site. So do I waste time and energy pursuing this or just let it go? My friend Amy's grade was also changed from a B to a C. And honestly she didn't deserve a B in the first place. I think this school has been one of the worst decisions of my life. It has caused me so much stress I can't take it.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie!! you're almost done, and i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end....you can do this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home