Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Employment

So I finally have a job and I am not too thrilled about it. It is not quite what I want to do but it will expand my horizons. I will be a parent/homemaker educator. Basically I will go into homes assess, teach and monitor changes that need to made in the home. This could be parenting skills, cleanliness, etc. I will also teach seminars on anger management and the like. Most of the families referred to us are court ordered to our services by Children and Youth Services...meaning many will be resentful that we are invading their home. Also I will have to testify in court often which is never my favorite thing. My biggest issues really are that Ava will have to go to daycare and that the hours include some evening time which I was trying to avoid. I have been a bit misty about my baby being with strangers all day long. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger deahsella said...

Well, despite the daycare issue, it sounds like this will at least be a great resume builder, since you'll be handling such a wide array of issues. And court, too. Good luck! I hope you enjoy it!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Maggie Moo said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home