Thursday, November 24, 2005

Mouse in the House

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! It will be quite happy here because Steven's Mom can't make it because of the snow. Yeah! That may sound mean but there is alot of back story. Anyway we are still having his elderly Aunt Jane who lives in the retirement home nearby. It should be fun. This is the first time we have cooked a holiday meal for someone else. We will be having a cheese and cracker tray, veggie tray, citrus infused turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, candied carrots, salad and pumpkin pie made by me! No sweet potatoes because Steven hates them, hence the candied carrots.

In other news we have a mouse in the house. Last night around 2:30am I was reading the paper on the floor in the living room after finishing the pies and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. This has happened to me all my life because I am terrified of ghosts. Anyway it was no ghost it was a large dark gray mouse possibly a mole. It ran past me about two feet away. I was like lightning upstairs while screaming Steven's name. I threw the lights on and he almost fell out of bed. Anyway I made him sit up for an hour trying to find the mouse. I couldn't sleep last night. I put towels under our and Ava's bedroom door hoping it couldn't get in. And my mother always says when there's one there's two. I grew up in the country so a mouse in the house is not uncommon but I just can't stand. There is a damn blizzard outside and I am going to have to pilgrimage for traps.

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger ShellBug526 said...

Ugh, mice suck! We had an ifestation last year, and yes there were many. We started off using live traps and then taking them to a deserted house down the street, but I swear they kept coming back so we finally had to use the snap traps. I am freaked out by them too. I went to dishes and there was one in the sink. I screamed loud enough to wake the neighbors up.

Hope you had a peaceful Thanksgiving without the mother in law. Yay!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Maggie Moo said...

No sign of any since that siting. We put out traps so we will see. I totally agree it is just an unsettling feeling with one in the house.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Leslie Welch said...

I think Chris used ranch dressing to catch said mouse at their house.

I don't think it's a mouse. It must be a mole maybe an armadillo or perhaps an aardvark...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home