Sunday, February 25, 2007

February

Apparently I now only write once a month. But this is good because I have nothing new to say. School continues to consume my life. My assignments are not incredibly difficult but time consuming. I am starting my research for my competency paper, basically a needs assessment for domestic violence services in Western Crawford County. The women's shelter event has gotten completely ridiculous. Since I am trying to coordinate 3 social work groups, including undergrad and grad students, it has become ridiculous. No one can meet at the same time and the undergrad president isn't willing to do "email meetings". And she told me if our president gives her attitude one more time, she's going to knock her out. There is more to that story but it's not really worth telling. I am sure this girl has a stellar future in social work. The major insanity is that we found out we have to take our clinical licensing exam by May 7th. After that the rules change, blah blah, the point is we have to take it and pass it. Now I will not presume to say that this 4 hour exam is the most difficult licensing exam ever...BUT...honestly I know there is a good chance I will not pass it. I went to a prep class this Saturday and most of the material I have not heard of since undergrad and some I have never even heard of. I have to say all of us are pretty pissed that we covered virtually zero of this material in grad school. Not kidding. I think if I could have a month to just study I would be fine but with everything else going on it's going to be 50/50. Why couldn't the cutoff be in June?
In other news, Ava started a new preschool..a "learn through play" school with all the fancy accrediations, etc. We were so excited about it but now we are unsure. The curriculum is great and the teachers are great. Staff turnover is low but they don't do NAPS. I think it may be too much for her. They have nothing but positive reports about her behavior but when we get her home she is so over tired it is ridiculous. We just realized that the majority of the kids go half days only and spend the rest of the time at home. We feel a bit like outcasts because I am not a stay at home Mom and Steven is not a doctor. We'll see.
In fun news, we went to State College last weekend for a roommate reunion. It was way fun. So funny how you can pick up right where you left off. Ava had to come with us because my parents battling horrible weather, etc. Anyway when we walked into the "fabulous" Ramada Inn she said in an amazed voice "Mommy this is such a beautiful room. I love it!" Believe me it was no more than average, I think she was into the Bermuda bedspreads.
That's it people, nothing exciting. Talk to you in March.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

manufacture sides gurukul desk tkus sensors channeling divulging djkj tabletting learning
masimundus semikonecolori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home