Tuesday, December 06, 2005

She's a Brick House

Today was the Italian Civic Spaghetti Dinner for all the clients and staff at the Arc. They throw the dinner every year and apparently the clients look forward to it all year long. The food was no thrill but the company was great. I will mention that the mentally retarded community loves their disco. The YMCA brought the house down. Also at one point the DJ said "I know we have already played this song twice but Bobby was in the bathroom and would like to hear it". Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer came on and there was a rush to the dance floor. It was so cute and funny.

I really like working with this population so far. They are so sweet. The whole goal is to get this population more integrated into the community and as independent as possible but I just can't help being protective of them. It may be my downfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home